Google said the move was in response to users' concerns that care-givers and loved ones might not be up to date on all the details of a patient's health situation, especially in the event of an emergency.Sameer Samat, director of product management at Google, explained his personal impetus behind the new feature Wednesday in a company blog post:
Just a few years ago, my father suffered a minor heart attack and was sent to the ER. I arrived on the scene in a panic, and was asked what medications he was taking. To my surprise, I had no clue. If my father had a Google Health account, and had shared his profile with me, I would have been up-to-date on his current medications.
...Along with the sharing feature, Google added a graphing feature that lets users enter lab results to helps users keep visualize trends in their medical test results, such as their cholesterol levels for the past year...
CNet: Google Health lets users share their online records